Dark: Weevey, Grahamah, Tinman, the Maestro, Jack, Johnny, Shaymus, Needham kid, other young kid
White: Brown Brian, Tom A. Hawk, Marty, Fake Russian, Chip, M. Lubey, Glaze, Needham kid
Goalie(s): Heir to the Throne (dark), Sam (white)
Hop in the DeLorean with me and let’s hit 88 mph on our way back to 2008. I was playing softball at the Natick Army Labs and what transpired changed my life forever. This was the birthplace of Corpsey, my feckless left thumb.
I was playing third base when the cut off throw came in from the second baseman, we had the guy out by 2-3 strides. When this situation arises a base runner usually tries an evasive slide, a stop and retreat (pickle), or they just give themselves up. This cleat clod dink decided he was gonna run full speed into my glove hand. I thought I just jammed my thumb, I wish I just jammed my thumb, but come to find out I had ruptured a ligament and needed surgery. I guess it isn’t good when your thumb bends down 150 degrees.
I now have roughly 60% strength in my weakened digit. Does it suck only using my right hand to lip a bass? Yes, yes it does. I need pliers to get the damn hooks out now. Playing guitar, I can handle barre chords for a while, but don’t ask me to play Sultans of Swing. You get the idea…without thumbs were no better than the armadillos.
I tell you this because Corpsey has had a rough go at things lately. I’m four days removed from taking my stitches out and I fell hard on Corpsey today. A neutral observer might say that the Fake Russian tripped me, but he seemed to just fall. In fact Mike fell a few times today, maybe he’s back on the peyote…I’ll investigate.
Sorry I’m rambling…
*White beat us up pretty good today. We had a tough time getting our legs going and spent way too much time in our defensive zone.
*Tinman was a bright spot for dark. He has such a smooth toe drag that lures defenders into a false sense of hope. He used that move to burn Brown Brian hard, but most impressive to me is that he doesn’t panic in traffic along the boards.
*Grahamah fed him out front and he one timed it top corner.
- Tom A. Hawk had a beautiful flip pass through the rafters to the Fake Russian, who took it out of the air below shoulder height. Both the flip and the reception were exquisite.
- Dark must’ve hit 12 posts today. Good for when there are no goalies, but there were and they don’t even count as SOG’s.
- Shaymus had a great two line pass sending Grahamah in alone. He buried the opportunity.
–Three Stars of the Day–
3) Corpsey: Just an unreal display of fortitude. I’m honestly surprised he didn’t secede from my hand.
2) Tom A. Hawk: He who controls the skies, controls the war.
1) Tinman: Brian had everything working today.
*—Great hockey game on so I’m distracted. I want a game seven! Caps just went up 1-0!